Reopening of Businesses
Governor Lee and the Economic Recovery Group have allowed restaurants, retail and gum businsses to reopen. The guidelines have been posted online at https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery.html.
Trousdale County Health Dept Assessment Site
STATE OF EMERGENCY
On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 5:12pm, Hartsville/Trousdale County, TN Mayor Stephen Chambers declared a State of Emergency pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated § 58-2-110(3)(v) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of Trousdale County. This declaration will allow the County’s Emergency Management Agency to request assistance from state and federal agencies if necessary. This declaration is not a safer at home or shelter in place order and does not prohibit visiting places necessary to maintain health and economic well-being, including grocery stores, gas stations, and banks among other places. All critical infrastructure remains operational, and all government offices and departments will continue providing important and essential services.
For more information, please visit the websites below.
- For a comprehensive list of statewide resources, please visit: tn.gov/governor/covid-19.html
- The Department of Health (TDH) provides up-to-date information on the status of COVID-19 in Tennessee at https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
- COVID-19 symptoms found on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- The CDC has updated information and guidance available online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Tennessee Pledge: Reopening Tennessee Responsibly - https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery.html
- Do Your Part. Stay Apart. - tn.gov/health
- COVID-19 Unified Command - www.tn.gov/unifiedcommand
- Daily COVID-19 Media Briefings - https://sts.streamingvideo.tn.gov/Mediasite/Catalog/catalogs/mediasiteadmin-covid-19-media-briefing
- Essential Businesses and Services - https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/essential-services.html
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources - https://www.tn.gov/ecd/covid-19-small-business-resources
Governor Lee's Daily Media Updates. Governor Lee provides a daily update Monday through Friday at 3:00pm Central Time.
To stay informed of the latest information, please visit the County's Facebook page using the Facebook symbol at the top of this page, or visit the Trousdale County Emergency Services Facebook page.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT CLOSINGS
Current Closings in Hartsville/Trousdale County
- Administration Building. See Public Notice. The drive through will be open and serving all departments and Officials in the building. Please see the appropriate webpage for the contact information of the official or department you wish to contact.
- Senior Center 615-374-1102
- Library 615-374-3677 Available for curbside assistance
- Trousdale County Schools will be closed for the remainder of the school year.
- County Justice Center 615-374-3411: Court dates have been rescheduled (Letter from Judge Linville), Clerks are available through the lobby windows.
If you or someone you know has lost their job due to the coronavirus pandemic and you want to file a claim for unemployment, please visit: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/covid-19/employees.html
The American Job Center in Hartsville will be closed to visitors, but will still be providing assistance to apply for unemployment via telephone or electronic means. The phone number is 615-680-3450.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS
| Clean your hands often
| Avoid close contact
| Stay home if you’re sick
| Cover coughs and sneezes
| Wear a facemask if you are sick
| Clean and disinfect