- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident TCA 8-16-101.
- Your residence or principal place of business must be in Trousdale County.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Trousdale County Clerk's office.
- All applicants are required to appear in the office to take the oath and pay the fee. We can notarize your application in the Clerk’s office.
- Notaries Public are approved by the County Commission to a four-year term. Your applications, bond, and $12.00 fee must be received in the County Clerk's office before the third Monday of the month.
- A $10,000 original bond for the term must be submitted when you appear.
- The Notaries Public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
- Additional information: Notary FAQ's
What to bring when you appear before the Clerk: $12.00 fee, Notary Bond, and Application. Notary applications must be submitted by noon on the 3rd Monday of the month to be approved at the County Commission meeting.
ALL NOTARY APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE TO HAVE THE OATH ADMINISTERED.