We understand the importance of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic. Please use caution when out in public and abide by the steps recommended to help prevent the spread of the Virus.
Local Testing Locations
Walgreens located at 210 East McMurry Blvd. Connect online to schedule a test through the drive-thru
Trousdale County Health Department located at 545 E Main Street. Visit their webpage for testing hours
Current Vaccine Eligibility
The Tennessee Department of Health has expanded the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to include children between the ages of 12 and 15 for the Pfizer vaccine. The Trousdale County Health Department offers Pfizer vaccinations on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Outside of those days you will need to find a site, which can be found at https://vaccinefinder.org/. Appointments for vaccination can be scheduled through https://vaccinate.tn.gov/ or by calling 866-442-5301.
FEMA COVID-19 Funeral assistance
CDC Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated People
On Monday, March 8, 2021, the CDC issued new guidelines for anyone that has been fully vaccinated. People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If it has been less than 2 weeks since your shot, or if you still need to get your second dose, you are NOT fully protected. Keep taking all prevention steps until you are fully vaccinated.When to Quarantine
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
- If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19
- For more information, visit the Center for Disease Control website.
Governor Lee and the Economic Recovery Group have allowed restaurants, retail and gum businesses to reopen.
The guidelines have been posted online at https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery.html.
Trousdale County Health Department
Trousdale County Health Dept Assessment Site Press Release
COVID-19 testing is widely available in Tennessee from local health departments and other health care providers. A map of COVID-19 testing sites across the state is available at www.tn.gov/content/tn/health/cedep/ncov/remote-assessment-sites.html. Hours of operation and contact information are provided for each site
For more information, please visit the websites below.
- For a comprehensive list of statewide resources, please visit: tn.gov/governor/covid-19.html
- The Department of Health (TDH) provides up-to-date information on the status of COVID-19 in Tennessee at https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
- COVID-19 symptoms found on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- The CDC has updated information and guidance available online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Tennessee Pledge: Reopening Tennessee Responsibly - https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery.html
- Do Your Part. Stay Apart. - tn.gov/health
- COVID-19 Unified Command - www.tn.gov/unifiedcommand
- Daily COVID-19 Media Briefings - https://sts.streamingvideo.tn.gov/Mediasite/Catalog/catalogs/mediasiteadmin-covid-19-media-briefing
- Essential Businesses and Services - https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/essential-services.html
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources - https://www.tn.gov/ecd/covid-19-small-business-resources
Governor Lee's Daily Media Updates. Governor Lee provides a daily update Monday through Friday at 3:00pm Central Time.
To stay informed of the latest information, please visit the County's Facebook page using the Facebook symbol at the top of this page, or visit the Trousdale County Emergency Services Facebook page.
If you or someone you know has lost their job due to the coronavirus pandemic and you want to file a claim for unemployment, please visit: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/covid-19/employees.html
The American Job Center in Hartsville will be closed to visitors, but will still be providing assistance to apply for unemployment via telephone or electronic means. The phone number is 615-680-3450.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS
| Clean your hands often
| Avoid close contact
| Stay home if you’re sick
| Cover coughs and sneezes
| Wear a facemask if you are sick
| Clean and disinfect